Take a personal journey into building and using tule boats.
Students will pair and and build a 2 person tule boat from start to finish with emphasis on connecting with the whole experience and getting to know the Tules by:
- Understanding harvesting techniques
- Habitat awareness
- Bigger picture ethics of harvesting, etc.
- Boat Design
- Construction techniques and weaving principals development.
Side projects will emphasize:
- Cordage making using Cattails
- Using basic hand tools
- Wood working to split it down and carve canoe paddles
- Using the boats for transport and harvest
Age Limit: 10 years +